PLEASE READ THE BOOKING GUIDELINES BEFORE BOOKING!
- Each booking order will be designated a train booth in Santa’s Christmas carriage – the maximum number of tickets per train booth is 6. If you have a larger party than this, you can create a second booking order for the same time by clicking on ‘Book more’ on the checkout page. There are 8 train booths per time slot.
- We’re delighted to offer a short Road Train journey as part of the ticket price
- The family photo is a priced add-on and can be selected as an additional item after clicking on ‘Checkout’.
- There is a 4.9% booking fee per transaction. This is a fee passed on from third-party providers to complete your order safely and securely.
- The ASD-friendly booking times are 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Friday 3rd & 17th December and booking is by email to email@example.com. More information can be found under the ‘Booking FAQs’.
- Please tick the wheelchair option if there is one or more in your party with a wheelchair.
- Adults must wear masks in indoor areas.
- We are a community based social enterprise and this is a brand new event. If the event is cancelled due to a variable outside of our control, ticket holders will be informed and fully refunded by Monday 15th November.
The Polar Express Prices 2021
Children under 14 €22
Under 2’s free
Professional Christmas Photo €10
Opening Days and Times
Friday November 26th, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday 27th & Sunday November 28th, 12:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Friday December 3rd, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. (and 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. ASD-friendly – email firstname.lastname@example.org to book)
Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th December 5th 12:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Friday December 10th, 5:00 – 8:00 pm
Saturday 11th & Sunday 12 December, 12:00 – 8:00 pm
Friday December 17th, 5 – 8pm (and 3:00 – 5:00 pm ASD-friendly – email email@example.com to book)
Saturday 18th & Sunday December 19th, 12:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Monday 20th, Tuesday 21st, Wednesday 22nd December 12:00 -8:00 p.m.
Thursday 23rd 12:00 – 5:00 p.m.
The premises will close to the public at 9.30 pm daily and 6.30 pm on the 23rd December.
• Please arrive 5 – 10 mins early.
• Have your printed ticket or phone ready to scan.
• Arrive warm, arrive comfy, and if you are feeling festive, arrive dressed up! We advise you to wear rain appropriate clothing and shoes.
• Buggies can be safely left by the Model Village ticket office window; this is a covered area. Buggies can also be left on the covered road-train platform if you have opted-in for the road-train journey around Clonakilty town and collected when you disembark.
• The event is wheelchair accessible. The two Christmas carriages have ramps and operate with independent in and out doorways. We provide wheelchair accessible bathrooms, and the Road Train can accommodate one wheelchair per journey.
With the welfare of visitors and staff an absolute priority, we have put the following procedures in place:
• Social distancing – Our elves will be helping families move through the experience with social distancing in place.
• Hand sanitisers – There will be sanitisers at easily identifiable areas throughout the event. Please do your part and use the sanitising stations!
• Mask wearing – Adults must wear masks in indoor areas.
• Reduced capacity – We have majorly reduced our capacity to facilitate appropriate social distancing, ensuring the experience is comfortable & safe for all involved.
• Contact Tracing – We keep a record of everyone that is booked in for each time slot to action contact tracing.
• Cleaning – The Model Village will have regular cleaning and disenfection at toilet facilities, and high-traffic areas throughout the event such as the road-train and carriage booths.
We are operating with the Failte Ireland Safety Charter and will be monitoring changes to guidelines closely. If this event is cancelled due to Covid-19 you will be issued a full refund.
Do I need to book in advance?
Yes, booking in advance is essential. As we are running on a limited number of days, we strongly recommend booking early too. Popular days and times will book out. Booking will be allowed to be made up to 1 hour before the chosen time slot, granted that there is availability.
Can I book two families together?
Each booking order will be designated a train booth in Santa’s Christmas carriage – the maximum number of tickets per train booth is 6. If you have a larger party than this, for example if you are two families coming together, you can create a second booking order for the same time by clicking on ‘Book more’ on the checkout page.
Are there discounts for groups and families?
We do not provide a discount for large groups or families; pricing is by individual adult and child. We think this is the fairest approach for everyone. We endeavour to make sure children and adults alike enjoy the experience!
What is the ASD-friendly booking time?
We’ll be starting a little early on Fri 3rd and Fri 17th December and offering ASD-friendly booking times from 3 – 5 PM. The Santa experience will be dialled down for sound, lighting and visuals. There will be a smaller capacity number and less people at the Model Village. The experience will run every 30 minute schedule instead of 20 minutes. Staff will be on hand to support all family members’ with moving through the experience. This time is for anyone who would enjoy a less-busy and less-stimulating visit, as well as those with physical disabilities. Bookings can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why is there a tick-box for wheelchairs?
We have included a tick box add-on for wheelchairs so we can make a plan for if we have more than one wheelchair boarding the same road-train time. The event is wheelchair accessible – the two Christmas carriages have ramps and operate with a one-way system. We provide wheelchair accessible bathrooms, and the road-train can accommodate one wheelchair per journey. The Village of Lights and all areas of the Model Village are wheelchair friendly.
Why is there a booking fee?
The booking fee is 4.9% per booking transaction irrespective of if you book 3 tickets or 6 tickets. The booking fee is passed on from the third party providers that we use to ensure your booking and payment is taken safely and securely.
Can I change my booking?
Updated on 23/11/21: As the event is now fully booked, it’s not possible to change the date and time of your booking. You can change the names of the individuals attending up to 24 hours before your booking time. If you’d like to purchase a family photograph you can do this on the day. If you’d like to add individuals to your booking, keep in mind the max is 6, please email email@example.com.
Can I cancel my booking?
Updated on 23/11/21: All tickets are transferable. If you or someone in your party cannot attend and you’d like to transfer the ticket to someone else, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a minimum of 24 hours notice. We have a no-cancellation policy. If you are isolating due to testing positive or being a close contact of Covid-19 we can provide a gift voucher to visit the Model Village for a later date. The Village of Lights and festive decorations will be live until 6th January. Please email email@example.com and we’ll see how best we can accommodate you!
If the event cannot proceed, will I be refunded?
Yes, if the event cannot go ahead, you will be refunded in full. Please note that the booking fee of 4.9% will not be refunded as this fee will already have been exercised to ensure a secure transaction and refund with our third-party payment providers. If the event cannot proceed for a certain day or days, for example due to an extreme weather event with code red, you will receive a full refund and have the option to re-book via the website.
I am having trouble booking online
First, please check that you are using Google Chrome, Safari or Opera as your browser. Internet Explorer is no longer supported by many operating systems. Next, please check your internet connection and if you have access to a mobile phone, try on our mobile responsive website. If you continue to have issues booking, please call us on 0238833224 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to assist you!
Will we get time with Santa?
Yes, families will get lots of time with Santa! In Santa’s Christmas train carriage, up to 8 families will be socially distanced and allocated a booth to sit and enjoy the experience. Santa will be engaging all families together and also have time to chat with each family individually.
Can we get a professional photo with Santa?
As an optional add-on, families can pose for a professional Christmas photo. In light of Covid-19’s status, Santa Claus has come up with a great plan for families to have a magical photo experience without Santa being in close contact with families. Envisage Photography will be working with Santa to create three magical green screen backdrops. So before the event starts, three photographs will be taken of Santa around The Model Village and Clonakilty, and the team at Envisage will use green screen technology to snap the family photos in front of these backdrops.
Is the event different by day and by night?
The event will feel different by day and night, and we think there are great positives to both! The train carriage decorations, the wonderful costumes, and the Model Village diggers and boats will be best in the daytime. The magical Village of Lights and Christmas lighting around the site will absolutely be best at dusk and nighttime.
Will there be food and drinks available to purchase?
There’ll also be hot chocolate, refreshments, teas and coffees, cakes, ice-creams and crisps in the cafe. For more substantial items for lunch and dinner, we suggest taking a look at the many great eateries in Clonakilty town, which is just a 5-minute walk away from the Model Village car park!
Will there be bathrooms available?
Yes, we provide bathrooms, wheelchair accessible bathrooms and changing facilities. Facilities are sanitised regularly in line with Covid-19 best practices.
Will children receive a gift?
Yes, children will receive a small gift from Santa!
Is there a charge for car parking?
Parking is free.
What if the government instruction for Covid-19 changes?
We will operate per the guidelines issued by the government and Failte Ireland to deliver a safe Christmas experience.
If someone in my booking party must self-isolate, or if we cannot travel to the event due to Covid-19, what is the process?
Updated on 23/11/21 after new Government guidelines: All tickets are transferable. If you or someone in your party cannot attend and you’d like to transfer the ticket to someone else, please email email@example.com with a minimum of 24 hours notice. We have a no-cancellation policy. If you are isolating due to testing positive or being a close contact of Covid-19 we can provide a gift voucher to visit the Model Village for a later date. The Village of Lights and festive decorations will be live until 6th January. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see how best we can accommodate you!
How will social distancing work?
We are building extra outdoor cover so that everyone can queue with ample space and enjoy the outdoor areas, whatever the weather. We request that adults wear marks within indoor areas. Our team of elves will have social distancing at the top of mind at all times, but we need your help and co-operation too – please respect other people’s space and act covid-smart!